F.A.O Pkers..

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

I'll get straight to the point..

Allow players to choose a character on their forum account (or option when creating new character) same way you can for DM or whatever, and entitle it "Pker".
What's the point of this? Well.. Most people who PK generally only really do just that. They're not interested in other forms of the game. So for the selected "Pker" status they could get boosted exp, maybe easier ways to obtain supplies, none tradeable to regular accounts of course.
Why..? Well, it's 2017 and who wants to spend weeks/months building accounts when all you want to do is PK. I know there are a lot of people in this community who login simply to PK, nothing more. Possible benefits would include a more active wild. If it's easier to build and supply accounts for people who work and have responsibilities then chances are more people will PK. Not everyone can spend 12+ hours a day at their computer tirelessly building account after account, nor do they have someone who can share the workload as many do.

If you somehow separate the Pker accounts from the main game in terms of trading supplies to regular accounts, then I really don't see any harm? Maybe make it so Pker accounts can only trade to other Pker accounts but keep all accounts who enter the wilderness attackable unlike that DM mode shit.

Since RSCR lost it's "+1 Replica" feel a long time ago, what's the worst that could happen..?

Best Ninja

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1 non Replica

MAKE RSCR GREAT AGAIN!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Pepsi 24 Send PM

subscriber

So a "pker" account also has to be a skiller account if you want no trading between non pkers and pkers.

I don't understand....

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Pepsi 24 said:

So a "pker" account also has to be a skiller account if you want no trading between non pkers and pkers.

I don't understand....

What does a pker need to skill for? Just give them free food.. a way to obtain pots etc other than skilling. PKers and skillers have always been different entities.

The idea is to remove the time consumption for making a pker and it being ready to PK. Most people who PK have no desire to "skill".

Last edited by Shinobi (17 Nov 2017 19:46)

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Uncle Send PM

Its an MMO, players have to work together. Equipment tab doesnt remove replica feel, simply an update after 3 years of server life. Sell rune sets to get gp for fish. NPC trainers and newer players always buy rune. The circle of life has to be in place for a server to grow.

If pkers get free food and gear, skillers have no one to sell too. So they got to a different server that would make more sense to play on. Then the server would have 10 people on at peak, when there is a group of 5v5 pking. Start to see no one is online and they go to a different server. I understand that not everyone has time to do all of this stuff, but  its necessary to keep a server alive and well.

Please join us on Discord to keep in touch and quicker support.

https://discord.gg/cpx6Y44

Player avatar

Pepsi 24 Send PM

subscriber

It would start with giving pkers free food.  Then everyone else would be asking for free items.  for example, give the skillers free ore to smith etc.  It would kill the economy and server.

In order to be the best, you have to earn it, not have it given to you.

Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for farming events, free PK days / weekends.   But, too much of a good thing will kill it.

Last edited by Pepsi 24 (17 Nov 2017 20:06)

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Pepsi 24 said:

It would start with giving pkers free food.  Then everyone else would be asking for free items.  for example, give the skillers free ore to smith etc.  It would kill the economy and server.

In order to be the best, you have to earn it, not have it given to you.

Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for farming events, free PK days / weekends.   But, too much of a good thing will kill it.

I'm up for finding the middle ground on this, hence the suggestion.. But that's why I think if you get to chose the account type "Pker" just like Iron man or Deadman you know from the start what you can and can't do as it's a conscious decision.. For people that have already put countless hours into a build, they should be given the option to turn their character into a "Pker" also.

Not disagreeing with you on any point, but I do feel there is potentially something to gain for pkers and pkers alone here.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

-1 ,  skillers/pvmers wouldn't have who to sell food,pots,gear,runes etc .

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

pajser91 said:

Like there's even a reasonable priced amount in AH anyway..

Best Ninja

Player avatar

a i2 i2 o w Send PM

this idea gives me chills -1M

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Shinobi said:

pajser91 said:

So u think 250-500 gp for shark/swords is overpriced? Or 40-60 gp for fire/airs or 24k-70k per gear item ?

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

Shinobi said:

pajser91 said:

supplies cheapest they ever been atm tbh, sharks 300 ea swordies 350, supers are what 12-15k a set? lol, rune is cheap asf theres 100000 99 smithers

but i agree about making accs the xp rates for combat/magic/pray/ranged are beyond ancient and its ridiculous how long it takes to train a account, need to introduce a new sub or something for combat only that gives a boost to att str def hp pray ranged mage, nothing too major so it doesn't devalue ppls time spent

overall -1, if u cant get gear together on a server thats been up for nearly 4 years with the amount of shiz in eco as there is well idk god help ya m8 lol. I'd like to see a free PK day once a fortnight or once a month and a new sub to train accs quicker that'd be more then enough

Last edited by Team Hollywood (18 Nov 2017 00:05)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Le Butcher Send PM

Halloween was essentially free pking week and everyone hated it.

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

This ain't a pk server bruh

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

What in the flying fuck is this trash?
From boosted exp to give them free items 24/7/365 and sometimes 366 this ignoramus doesn't see any downsides to that?

Stick with an idea and think it through, im not against ideas to increase wilderness but you went dipshit crazy

There have been pk servers already where you can set your stats etc. They all go under, do ya research

Last edited by runeknight95 (18 Nov 2017 04:27)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

runeknight95 said:

What in the flying fuck is this trash?
From boosted exp to give them free items 24/7/365 and sometimes 366 this ignoramus doesn't see any downsides to that?

Stick with an idea and think it through, im not against ideas to increase wilderness but you went dipshit crazy

There have been pk servers already where you can set your stats etc. They all go under, do ya research

Noone said set your stats you moron.. L2Read. The amount of time it takes to level combat stats such as ranged,prayer etc is outdated to fuck. Not everyone can afford to skip work or IRL responsibilities to sit on here 24/7 and nerd this shit out is the point i'm making.

Go back to the swamp Shrek.. SMH

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

For someone who has hopped servers due to corrupt admins or money grabs, I believe he has a great idea here. He's not asking for set stats, or everything be given to him. He's asking for a medium between skillers and pkers.

I also agree with him on the times spent to make an account. I started here in hopes of making a flat fast which I soon realized will take some time, and I haven't even bothered touching skilling yet, just AFKing my combat. 

Not all of us has 12+ hrs like he mentioned to play a day. Some of us are lucky to get an hour or two in during a weeks time. I haven't played rev enough to know what it's like between pkers and skillers, but it looks like skillers will be very upset if pkers get a boost in helping them with combat.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

We need lower cost to food, pots, casts, it annoys me when things are suggested like this or free food,pots,casts once a week that we have skiller putting a downer on it, maybe pkers should have a say in skilling like removing mining etc? or taking away batching...no wait why should we have a say in their game

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Nyx said:

We need lower cost to food, pots, casts, it annoys me when things are suggested like this or free food,pots,casts once a week that we have skiller putting a downer on it, maybe pkers should have a say in skilling like removing mining etc? or taking away batching...no wait why should we have a say in their game

Exactly dude.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Nyx said:

Lol , because it would affect skillers/pvmers if pkers would get free food/pots/casts/gear 24/7/365. No1 is against having free pk stuff once in awhile but not all the time. Who's gonna buy food/pots/runes/gear if pkers gonna get it for free all the time ? Why would any1 pvm or skill fishing,cooking and herblaw . Free pk stuff has proven to be a good thing for all , pkers/skillers/devs , but not all the time .

• «
  • 1 (current)