Achievement System

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

I believe I posted this suggestion a couple years ago, but now that a lot more custom content is being added, it might have a better reception.  Many other games have implemented achievements with great success, I believe WoW was one of the first ones.  Now pretty much every console game has achievements or trophies for completing in-game content.

I would propose rolling out a number of basic achievements, and adding new ones every couple months so there's always something to do.  Rewards could be non-tradeable cosmetic items, resources, consumables, etc.

Example achievements:
Kill 500 bears - Reward:  Bear-skin cape
Fletch 50k mith arrows - Reward:  Blue magic longbow.  Like a regular magic longbow, but... ya know... blue.
Recharge your prayer points at every altar in-game.  Reward:  50 dragon bones
Consume 800 redberry pies - Reward: Pie face (wearable head item that just adds pie smear to the face of the char)
Complete 300 medium clue-scrolls: - Reward: 1,000 law runes

In addition to actual in-game items, you could develop a title system similar to other games.  This would appear above the players head in front of or after their name (if player names are turned on in interface options).  It would not show up in chat or on global.  Then you could have a number of achievements that grant a unique title, such as "Dragon Slayer" Paul for slaying 2,000 dragons.

Like the upcoming slayer skill, this will make players complete content, kill different npcs, and work on skills in ways that they wouldn't normally do.  It would also add a new highscore option - Achievement Points.  Points would be awarded after completing an achievement, the amount would vary based on the difficulty of the achievement.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (8 Nov 2017 17:27)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Great suggestion to be honest and we should definitely do this in the future.

We could have forum tags as well as some sort of highscores for the acheivements also.

Thank you for the suggestion and also being persistant and reposting a suggestion to get it noticed.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

n0m said:

+1

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Support

Veteran mode player

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Great idea. +1

Pking achievements would help out pking really well!

Also no one uses the DM arena really so this could give more reason to use it.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (14 Nov 2017 17:42)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

wellasusual Send PM

200donor

These seem reasonable to me

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

50 dragon bones to run through all altars, could be abused and obtained easy dragon bones don't you think?

Lol...

Player avatar

Pepsi 24 Send PM

subscriber

+1  for sure.