Stat changer for Wilderness

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

plaisted said:

One more point- Everyone keeps acting like requiring a sub to use feature will do anything at all to keep RL income coming into game. Most everybody subs their main's already and then also subs the alts they are working on. There will without a doubt be a LOT less subbing if this goes live.

my pkers are finished ive got zero incentive to sub them. But this will give me a reason. So this point is moot.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Don't worry about the sub sales; if we continue to be the best, players will come.

The two things we need you to think of are: what system will bring PKers here, and how can we put checks/limits on it to make it fair. (For instance should flats all be able to become 99 1 99? 1 99 1? etc)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Billy said:

Don't worry about the sub sales; if we continue to be the best, players will come.

The two things we need you to think of are: what system will bring PKers here, and how can we put checks/limits on it to make it fair. (For instance should flats all be able to become 99 1 99? 1 99 1? etc)

How about state changing accounts only from lvl 1 to 15 above castle? or it's own area?

Game idea:

You could even set timers in 20min intervals (like the betting kind of) ::vote to start it. You could even join a game already in progress.

2 teams trying to destroy the other teams monster before 20min is up. ( You could even make it so you only have a certain amount of points to switch around in your combat stats. So you couldn't be 99 99 99. maybe max 90 90 90?

Winning team gets a split of all the lute.

::EDIT

Lute would be whatever everyone wagered. (Must at least put in 50k.)

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (15 Oct 2017 08:14)

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

subs aside- point is don't change the one of the main things that make the game what is. People play because they loved the game it was- don't need to change what isn't broken. do what kizl just suggested and add in a event that sets everyone same stats and ports you to a random section of wild dedicated to event. Your idea is great as a limited event type idea- not as a permanent "lets set our own stats without the work" idea. Or if you are dead set on doing a permanent type thing- just set a certain place in the wild- north of varrock perhaps- where you can set your own combat stats to pk with and see how active that place is vs the castle- level 13 altar just south of green drags west wild is very similar to set up of castle in 13 north of edge. Or add in more to game in far west wild to not disturb special features already present in varrock wildy (that no one really uses i might add.) Don't change entire game!

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

Something like that event idea would be what a wildy event should be more like anyway- certain section with altars and bank boxes where all are same levels.

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

Good idea imo! +1

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Was thinking about this while making my 61 for the event

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 031#p81031

Wrote up my view here then saw this post afterwards

Short version, would be helpful if you didnt want to have to level lots of chars to pk at different levels, 33s, 42s, 50s, 60s, 70s etc etc, can just get one to flats then if you see a bunch of 60s out, de-level (hp auto adjusts, so you cant be a lvl 33 with 99 hp).  Would also be nice for stakers so you can try out different builds to find one you like or that seems to win more often.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

0ld po0 Send PM

This will kill server -1 HATE

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

0ld po0 said:

This will kill server -1 HATE

Unlike other servers we try things here and if it doesn't work out it's reverted. Nothing is permanent and everything's worth a try.

~K!zL

Player avatar

jesus pker Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

lil wackd Send PM

++1

If you have to sub to use the feature, youll have more people subbing imo

Rather then people subing just once to lvl a character

Player avatar

Stakez0r Send PM

DMM2_Participant

-1 whats the point of everybody having the same stats at a certain level?  No fun, all the different builds are what makes it challenging.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Stakez0r said:

-1 whats the point of everybody having the same stats at a certain level?  No fun, all the different builds are what makes it challenging.

there is no "different builds" on here anymore. everyone already makes the same stat accounts because theyre most effective.

Player avatar

Stakez0r Send PM

DMM2_Participant

GLeU said:

Stakez0r said:

there is no "different builds" on here anymore. everyone already makes the same stat accounts because theyre most effective.

Wrong.

You don't even play, you wouldn't know.

Mr Famous Gleuy Ranger.

Sup man, been a while anyway, Q here.  If I ever need a RSC lawyer ima hit ya up. big_smile

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Stakez0r said:

GLeU said:

Stakez0r said:

Wrong.

You don't even play, you wouldn't know.

Mr Famous Gleuy Ranger.

Sup man, been a while anyway, Q here.  If I ever need a RSC lawyer ima hit ya up. big_smile

hi Q

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

0ld po0 Send PM

Stakez0r said:

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Greetings PKers!

I have had this idea for two years or longer, and have brought it up at different times in different topics but I still think that this is the way to go with wilderness.
Hear me out!

Everything would work just as things work now, you'd train your combat stats and the highest stat you can have is the level you have gained experience for.

But here's the idea, you would be able to modify your "Wilderness" stats through a new interface as long as you're outside wilderness.
This interface would allow you to:
1. Deposit experience from a stat. This would lower your stat level and store your experience taken away in that stats experience bank.
2. Withdraw experience to a stat from that skills experience bank.

Pros:
This new system would allow everyone to participate in action, where they otherwise couldn't because they are too high level. This is a major benefit.

Downsides:
??

We could run this system for a weekend, as a trial. If it doesn't work we just ditch the idea and move forward. If it works, we keep it.

Can we get this already?
#2018StatChanger

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Jash Send PM

Shinobi said:

n0m said:

Greetings PKers!

I have had this idea for two years or longer, and have brought it up at different times in different topics but I still think that this is the way to go with wilderness.
Hear me out!

Everything would work just as things work now, you'd train your combat stats and the highest stat you can have is the level you have gained experience for.

But here's the idea, you would be able to modify your "Wilderness" stats through a new interface as long as you're outside wilderness.
This interface would allow you to:
1. Deposit experience from a stat. This would lower your stat level and store your experience taken away in that stats experience bank.
2. Withdraw experience to a stat from that skills experience bank.

Pros:
This new system would allow everyone to participate in action, where they otherwise couldn't because they are too high level. This is a major benefit.

Downsides:
??

We could run this system for a weekend, as a trial. If it doesn't work we just ditch the idea and move forward. If it works, we keep it.

Can we get this already?
#2018StatChanger

I had this idea for a while in head,basically different leveled events at different times,  allow yourself set stats to the level with a limit on defense ( defense cant be 9 levels higher than att or str)

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I think that constantly making things easier could either be good or bad.  I think the people who pk for the sport of it and get no sense of gratification or pride for "making" a pure and want to pay to skip this step, that's fine.  However, making this an option could potentially kill the integrity of the game by cheapening the process of making a pure.  It's really a tough call.  I like to work for a reward but some people don't.  I suppose it depends on what the majority wants. smile

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".