PK Changes Stage Two? NEED YOUR OPINION

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Based on the lively discussion on Discord between many players, I have narrowed it down to these proposals.

SECTION A 
Yea or nay-
1) Shall enchanted rings be disabled in F2P wildy?
2) Shall the last few slots in inventory be disabled in wilderness, for however many items you have equipped in the equipment tab? (could rebalance PKing to what you are used to from rsc)
3) Shall armor bonuses be disabled for gloves/boots over plate?
3) Shall deep wildy become the opposite of whatever the setting for below the fence is that day? (F2P during P2P wild; P2P during F2P wild)

Section
SECTION B - CLIENT
4) Shall up/down arrow keys change zoom setting?
5) Shall GMAGE spells be reduced to 1.6s cast timer?)
This was added

Section

We are working on our next patch so please let us know!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

mikez Send PM

subscriber

Section A
1) yea
2) yea
3) yea

Section B
4) yea
5) no opinion

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Based on the lively discussion on Discord between many players, I have narrowed it down to these proposals.

SECTION A  - EQUIPMENT
Yea or nay-
2) Shall the equipment tab be disabled in wilderness?

SECTION B - CLIENT
5) Shall GMAGE spells be reduced to 1.6s cast timer? (Do you think this should include all p2p spells?)

We are working on our next patch so please let us know!

My short answer:

1) Nay
2) Nay
3) Yea

4) FUCKING YIPPY AY YES DO IT NAOWWWWWWWW
5) Yes to Gmage, no to other spells. Gmage ruins team PKing and low level PKing

Long answer coming tomorrow

Last edited by dmm Random (17 Sep 2017 05:04)

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

SECTION A  - EQUIPMENT
Yea or nay-
1) Shall enchanted rings be disabled in F2P wildy?  Yea
2) Shall the equipment tab be disabled in wilderness? Yea
3) Shall armor bonuses be disabled for gloves/boots over plate? Yea

SECTION B - CLIENT
4) Shall up/down arrow keys change zoom setting? Yeah also control+mwheel
5) Shall GMAGE spells be reduced to 1.6s cast timer? (Do you think this should include all p2p spells?)
Don't care, get rid of p2p days and make p2p 50 wild plus with equipment tab and rings enabled, "full game" experience there at all hours for the players that want it.

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Yes and no - rings are cool, but you need like 3-4 of them each time you go out pking. and they are hard to buy.
Maybe make them block those 24(?) Damage over a longer time period so 1-2 ring are only used.

No - this is a crazy idea!
All chars below lvl 100, with the new casting rate hybrids will win over def chars 50 procent of the time, risking nothing.
If you take away our equipment slots for armour you sentence the wild to hybrids only.

Yes - makes no sence having extra armour for beeing a nerd

Yes (but keep the client siden option, ppl are used to the standard atm)

Yes gmage and make p2p once or twice a week at max

Last edited by Stolt Archer (17 Sep 2017 08:30)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Maddog jamie said:

Stolt Archer said:

Yes and no - rings are cool, but you need like 3-4 of them each time you go out pking. and they are hard to buy.
Maybe make them block those 24(?) Damage over a longer time period so 1-2 ring are only used.

No - this is a crazy idea!
All chars below lvl 100, with the new casting rate hybrids will win over def chars 50 procent of the time, risking nothing.
If you take away our equipment slots for armour you sentence the wild to hybrids only.

Yes - makes no sence having extra armour for beeing a nerd

Yes (but keep the client siden option, ppl are used to the standard atm)

Yes gmage and make p2p once or twice a week at max

did he ask about the rotation?

He asked for oppinions atleast,  dont have to be rude

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

blisssssx Send PM

subscriber

Fix this casting while running bullshit too.  Escape the catch but still die on DM cuz cant log or tele without standing still and people just cast and run without losing a square.. Please fix that shit, just lost hella because of that bs and honestly DM mode is dead now, im done with it.

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

blisssssx said:

Fix this casting while running bullshit too.  Escape the catch but still die on DM cuz cant log or tele without standing still and people just cast and run without losing a square.. Please fix that shit, just lost hella because of that bs and honestly DM mode is dead now, im done with it.

Lmfao. Plz.

You were more than happy recently to use your Deadman Account (Xero) using the exact same feature to try and walk cast me dead (DMM Random/Oopsie), chasing me from Pirate hut to otherside of Ice Mountain by the altar where I luckily managed to log. You had absolutely no problem casting me the entire time as I ran from you. Obviously because it's you doing it, that means it's okay though, right? Fucking get over yourself kid and take the L

Last edited by Team Hollywood (17 Sep 2017 14:11)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I'll throw my opinions here about your questions.

1. Rings in wilderness:
I think all enchanted rings should be disabled in F2P wilderness. They are in fact P2P content.

Option A.
(One or the other) I don't see equipment tab and original RSC equipment system working together at all.It will be very complicated for the player to figure out how it works if we try to make both available. It has to be one or the other.

Option B. We allow cosmetic gloves, cape, boots to be in equipment and all other equipment in inventory.

I thought we already did that? If theres gloves or boots with bonuses it means they just slipped our minds. One good example of us trying to achieve this is blocking gauntlets from being worn on plates/tops.
TL;DR: Yes, I think we should only allow cosmetic gloves to be worn over plate and legs.

SECTION B - CLIENT
Yes, I don't see why not, but here's the thing. How do we supply this feature for android users, or will they be stuck with the setting type of zoom?.

I think we all agreed on this when we first lowered the cast timer, this once again slipped our minds.

Another idea: I think all of the strongest tier spell types should have longer delay. For example Fire Wave should have longer cast delay than Fire Blast. We could also accomplish this via the projectile travel time delay (currently 0.6S).

I agree that the first changes to PvP should be to make the actual PK more like how players want it, but we still need something in wilderness that players go for, a reason to go in to wilderness. A reason for PKers to go check that one certain spot out because there are usually people going for that specific thing there.
Even if there aren't any players there, theres a chance you'll meet a PKer doing the same thing as you are there for; Hunting.

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

blisssssx said:

Theres nothing to fix. Its a mechanic that takes skill to perfect, get good.

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

SECTION A  - EQUIPMENT
Yea or nay-

No but they need to be made much more available, just have them drop all time time noted, just spam the game with them, make them available in the edgeville general store etc.

2) Shall the equipment tab be disabled in wilderness?

No!!!! equipment tab is ace and it gives non 1 defers a bonus, defense/armor is far too weak as it is, even as flat vs 99 1 99 it does surprisingly bad vs someone wearing nothing! why 99 att, 99 str hits 0s on someone wearing nothing with 1 def is just weird.

Don't really care

SECTION B - CLIENT

Nah

Nah leave as is, if you change only g mage and not the p2p spells it weakens gmage too much, I don't really like g mage in team fights but it can be fun for 1 v 1.

--

I would very much like to see the rotation changed to reduce p2p or move it above the fence only

Last edited by Nyx (18 Sep 2017 08:57)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Making f2p below fence gives all what they want, the p2pers(maddog on his own) can go above fence, rest of us below.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Proposals modified, looking for feedback on

SECTION A  - EQUIPMENT
Yea or nay-
2) Shall the last few slots in inventory be disabled in wilderness, for however many items you have equipped in the equipment tab? (could rebalance PKing to what you are used to from rsc)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

1) Yes- Just another thing to worry about and its annoying with rings breaking every time you fight or get casted. In p2p its good.

2) Yes- Too many def nubs, I dont even wanna fight em currently on a 1 def because they get upper hand with armour and food.

And I don't think it should always be f2p below the fence. That sounds way too one sided to me. Most people who like p2p will still play on f2p throughout the week. Just a couple ONLY like p2p. Lots of people have p2p built chars and like having wars at castle on p2p and have that classic feel still. They only get 1-2 days and the rest is f2p... Cmon lol thats plenty. Just have some fun on those days and fight p2p. No reason to not log in or whatever... People don't go to high wild to fight its more like train/farm or kill skillers up there. But I agree there should be some f2p spot(s) on p2p days.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

Rings are good, since it's another thing to manage during fights, adds more skill.

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

Nocashkilla said:

2) Yes- Too many def nubs, I dont even wanna fight em currently on a 1 def because they get upper hand with armour and food.

Why shouldn't you have a disadvantage risking absolutely nothing? if 1 def is so under powered buy armor.

Nocashkilla said:

And I don't think it should always be f2p below the fence. That sounds way too one sided to me. "

Why is that one sided? it's ALWAYS above the fence for p2p and always p2p in Rg, always p2p in edge dungeon, always p2p red dragons.

Yet no where is ALWAYS f2p.

Beats suggestion is best, fence off some lower wild above varrock + bank in the pub and make that always p2p, and above fence, rest f2p inc range guild.

Last edited by nyx2 (28 Sep 2017 06:29)

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Proposals modified, looking for feedback on

SECTION A  - EQUIPMENT
Yea or nay-

1) no
2) this is the wierdest change ive ever heard
Do you realise its 60/40 in favor  for a deffer to win 1v1 level 70-100 in f2p wildy mode

Do you realise its 70/30 in favor for hybrids to win 1v1.
all chars above lvl 80 p2p wildy mode

90/10 in favor for brids under lvl 80 p2p wildy mode

This with the current extra food spot for the def char.

With risking a ammy thats good odds if you ask me
I dont even pk 90s on p2p anymore since ill get 3hitted with new casting most of the times

Former Pk Prodigy

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

nyx2 said:

Why shouldn't you have a disadvantage risking absolutely nothing? if 1 def is so under powered buy armor.

Because the armour is still op if the food was back to less. What is the fun if you for sure are gonna lose every time because they got armour and food? You will still win a lot more times than the no armour guy. You risk the armour to be more op. That is your own choice.

nyx2 said:

Why is that one sided? it's ALWAYS above the fence for p2p and always p2p in Rg, always p2p in edge dungeon, always p2p red dragons.

Yet no where is ALWAYS f2p.

I already said. Yes it is always p2p above fence but thats just a skilling area. Name some people that sit up there to fight like they do on the hill at castle. All I see up there is farming skillers and people hunting them when bored. Same thing with Rg and Edge dungeon, its %90 killing trainers in those areas, not competitive pking. However, I also already said I agree %100 there should be f2p on p2p. It would be cool if the whole lvl 50+ wild above the fence became the f2p on p2p days. That sounds pretty awesome really.

nyx2 said:

Beats suggestion is best, fence off some lower wild above varrock + bank in the pub and make that always p2p, and above fence, rest f2p inc range guild.

Could be cool but I think that no one would go over there if it was permanent just like how 1v1 area is. Cool idea, not enough people in this community or reason to go there. The rotation is more like an exciting once a week thing and castle is what makes it fun.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fuck all these changes in regards to the equipment tab. If you don't like getting stomped by a guy with defense. Stop pking on love ass 1defense accounts and make some runies. For fuck sakes rune armor isnt expensive you cheap pricks.

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

Nocashkilla said:

Could be cool but I think that no one would go over there if it was permanent just like how 1v1 area is. Cool idea, not enough people in this community or reason to go there. The rotation is more like an exciting once a week thing and castle is what makes it fun.

The reason they wouldn't go is only about 2 people like p2p pking, name any regular pkers who actually like p2p more than f2p?