Sprites.RSCD

Player avatar

trollshaman Send PM

Hey I'm playing on PC, my launcher is stuck on [SPRITES.RSCD] it is in an infinite loop.

I deleted the RSCRevolution folder completely and downloaded a fresh launcher.  Is there hidden game data somewhere I might have missed to make a fresh install work?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi, what operating system are you running?

General solutions are doublecheck that you erased the RSCRevolution folder at C:\users\yourname and any old client. If you're an older player it couldn't hurt to erase .rscrevolution folder if it exists.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

trollshaman Send PM

I'm running Windows 7.

I double checked and made sure all the files where deleted, did a restart and tried again and I'm still getting the [SPRITES.RSCD] loop.

The Message I'm getting in the [STATUS LOG] is Verification Failed, re-downloading SPRITES.RSCD.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

trollshaman said:

I'm running Windows 7.

I double checked and made sure all the files where deleted, did a restart and tried again and I'm still getting the [SPRITES.RSCD] loop.

The Message I'm getting in the [STATUS LOG] is Verification Failed, re-downloading SPRITES.RSCD.

Make sure you are deleting cache files from new folder, which is located at C:/Users/(your user)/RSCRevolution,
I have a feeling you might have deleted them from our old cache folder which was ".rscrevolution"

Player avatar

trollshaman Send PM

Alright, so I got it fixed.

I was deleting the correct file, but there was something hidden in the registry that CCleaner picked up and deleted and now it works.  It was either the invalid firewall rule with jre1.8.0 or Application path issue with jxpiinstall.exe.

Also, thank you for being fast in your responses.

Last edited by trollshaman (6 Sep 2017 04:23)