Range/Mage Gear

Player avatar

Blastarcher7 Send PM

Even being a classic server, the addition of a variety of ranged and mage gear would be very beneficial, not only to PvM, but a big change to the way PvP was handled.

Opening up more options with combat, such as taking away the instant switch to fisticuffs when engaged whilst ranging, would give players a new way to approach things in a familiar setting.

Adding in tiers of range and mage armor, making them viable combat choices, just seems like a good move.

Mage:
Add a penalty to casting while wearing heavy equipment.
An assortment of robes, off-hand items, and rings to benefit this play style.

Range:
Again, add drawbacks to range if not properly geared for it.
Additional leather items for the low levels, new crossbows, and more advanced armors higher up.

This brings the effectiveness of the combat triangle, and above all, Pking would be a blast if you actually had to worry about that caster or ranger 15 tiles away.

Thanks for reading.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I actually think this could be done well, if we do it well of course. The main point of disagreement would be

Add a penalty to casting while wearing heavy equipment.

I'm not sure to what extent we would want to mess with the nonexistent combat triangle in RSC. As it stands now, magic and ranged bonuses exist, they just aren't spelled out specifically in the stats tab. One solution would be to move that information to the equipment tab and add the magic & ranged bonuses there. That way you could see how your mage's ring or archer's ring is affecting your stats, could add dragonhide-esque items, more mage gear, etc.

I am wary about heavy armor causing you to take more damage, that is probably too radical for RSC PKing.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Blastarcher7 Send PM

Ok, so If we didn't use the combat triangle (Mage>Melee>Range>Mage... for those that don't know), adjust accordingly maybe?
Increase the power of range when wearing different gear to at least make it hold up against melee/mage, instead of just adding accuracy, to make each method as competent as each other.

Player avatar

Blastarcher7 Send PM

Bumping this to see what others think...

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

anything that effects pvp is never going to be popular, if you want suggestions like these aim them at non pvp only.