Low level PKing

Player avatar

Roffelio Send PM

subscriber

Hello everyone!

Got too few 33's to fight? Too few 50-70 pures? No flats online? People poor or too scared to risk their fortune?

I got a solution!

Create low level mages, like the ones crowding Varrock Wild and Edge Border back on the original servers!

20 magic, 10 hits, all other stats 1 gives you are combat level of 5.875, you can cast Fire Strike (4 dmg max hit) or Wind Bolt to varying success (Max Hit 5) !

28 magic gives you a maxed out level 6 character, and every 8 magic levels gives you another combat level.

It takes about 1 minute to create a level 5 or 6 Wizard, but it is tons of fun if we can get the ball going!
I've played on many free servers, but this one seems to have the most accurate recplication of magic overall. Fail rates, hits and 0's, and it could also be really fun with the new Emerald Rings (And the Mage's Ring, if people are willing to risk it!)

I enjoyed PKing with low level mages a ton in original RSC, aswell as my lvl 35 a2h pure and 50-60 PBs, and 80-Rune pures, and it is not so much the loot (which is rather insignificant on here anyway) so much as the thrill of the kill!

Even if you didn't try it out alot, or ever, make a mage and hop on and join the action if there is no other - You'll have a blast! (or a bolt, or a strike.. Yeah you know what I mean!)

// Accentus

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

i have a lvl 5 mage theres a few others that do too. It gets boring real fast though. Theres a shit ton of 33s. Make a 33 mage. And pure. Youll have more fun

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Great suggestion,  unfortunately we have tried this before and it just never caught on.  The reason lvl 5 mage border pking was so much fun back in the day is because there were SO MANY people doing it. We tried to get it going at varrock border for nostalgia before but it's just to much of a walk for our lazy community. Park your lvl 5 at 33s spot and let's get this going

Player avatar

Roffelio Send PM

subscriber

FMLBRUH - My idea was more to get more people to actually create the characters and have them in "stand-by" when there's no other action on and they don't feel like grinding smile It is so easy to make, and is actually quite fun. But yeah, by all means have all the other PKers aswell, just as a supplement!

Greenking, I feel you! I parked mine at edge last night, got 3 fights, I'm 2/1 at the moment big_smile

If people feel like spicing it up we could try to set a higher level, for instance;

Level 5 - 20 magic - Fire Strike
Level 6 - 28 Magic - Wind Bolt
Level 7 - 36 Magic - Water/Earth Bolt
Level 8 - 44 Magic - Fire Bolt
Level 9 - 52 Magic - Wind Blast
Level 10 - 60 Magic - Water/Earth Blast

I'm writing down the maximum spell that you should be able to use whitout failing, or almost never fail. I remember in original RSC that 20 magic could cast Wind Bolts almost unstopped, although on here it seems there is a higher failrate. Can boost your success by equipping magic gear.

Can also change around the stats and put in 10 str, or 10 def (black armor, or hitting a bit harder) to achieve higher hits but using a weaker spell, also doable!

Player avatar

Nerdy Send PM

subscriber

Roffelio said:

FMLBRUH - My idea was more to get more people to actually create the characters and have them in "stand-by" when there's no other action on and they don't feel like grinding smile It is so easy to make, and is actually quite fun. But yeah, by all means have all the other PKers aswell, just as a supplement!

Greenking, I feel you! I parked mine at edge last night, got 3 fights, I'm 2/1 at the moment big_smile

If people feel like spicing it up we could try to set a higher level, for instance;

Level 5 - 20 magic - Fire Strike
Level 6 - 28 Magic - Wind Bolt
Level 7 - 36 Magic - Water/Earth Bolt
Level 8 - 44 Magic - Fire Bolt
Level 9 - 52 Magic - Wind Blast
Level 10 - 60 Magic - Water/Earth Blast

I'm writing down the maximum spell that you should be able to use whitout failing, or almost never fail. I remember in original RSC that 20 magic could cast Wind Bolts almost unstopped, although on here it seems there is a higher failrate. Can boost your success by equipping magic gear.

Can also change around the stats and put in 10 str, or 10 def (black armor, or hitting a bit harder) to achieve higher hits but using a weaker spell, also doable!

On RSC, and here, 10 above the spell = no fail.. so wind strike is no fail at 11, by example.

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

Lvl 5 is good. Everyone past that is way to overkill. Lvl 13, 18, or 21 mages would be fun though.

Player avatar

Roffelio Send PM

subscriber

fmlbruh said:

Lvl 5 is good. Everyone past that is way to overkill. Lvl 13, 18, or 21 mages would be fun though.

Then lets try to get the ball rolling!

As long as we don't run up to God Spells and Addy/Rune since those already exist. But keep it low level and f2p, such as black/mith mages with Blasts and Bolts! smile

You have to admit though that using Fire Bolts and getting that lucky 2shot on someone is fun, right? wink