Reintroducing rares

Player avatar

gojven Send PM

subscriber

I'm curious about this. Original party hats were reintroduced and other rares aswell like the easter eggs that dropped from monsters.
I wonder if this is gonna keep happening. In my opinion it kinda takes away the point of rares. I think new rares is the way to go rather then introducing old rares that people saved up alot of cash to buy that now become super cheap. What's your idea on this?

I have a few rares but I'm not a hoarder by any means. Still this really upsets me since there is really no good reason to reintroduce and fuck these people over.

Player avatar

EWM Send PM

subscriber

yeah screw putting out more og rares..

Player avatar

gojven Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

How quickly people forget..

Before all the wealth were in the hands of like 5 nerds, with them controlling the market completely

White party hat was 100m, Scythe too, etc

I get that they should indeed be rare, but it was so long ago they were dropped, barely anyone from then still played the game, making the problem even worse.
Had there been thousands of people during the original drops, this would not have been as big a problem, but there wasn't, so it was.

The only issue i've seen with the server since my return is avilability of consumables. Fire, Air, Deaths and bloods to be exact.

I still don't see the problem that ur pointing out. The market was fine before. There was nobody who completely controlled the market. Maybe the market for these rares. And why is that a problem?

Those nerds probably worked very hard for those rares, probably old players aswell. Don't see why you have to fuck them completely.

Feels like the reason hats were reintroduced was because the avarage joe wanted to get a party hat. Just make new rares for them to wear.

In my opinion reintroducing just makes rares boring and unreliable. Rather just make them untradable rs2 style or never reintroduce them again. At the moment rares are in between. You hold one for a while it might go up or it might even be cheaper then ever. I just don't like that it makes the rares boring, rather make them non-tradable instead then

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

Sounds like someones pixelhungry..

People need to understand the difference between a holiday item and a rare.

A rare would be drag items. The new rings. the reaper hood and hunter cape are sort of both. Something obtainable ingame but with a low chance is a rare.

A hat with no purpose but to edgesit with released on a holiday is a holiday item. P hats masks santas etc. Were never meant to be super valuable and rare in original rsc.

If they finished drag set and made super low chance from npc drops. Theyd be rares. Quit being edgesitting crybabys and play the damn game.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

They should not reintroduce holiday items, some people play this game for wealth and want to collect these rares and sit in edge dressed up. If that's the game they want to play good for them.

Reintroducing them ruins the game for some people, they should never be reintroduced.

I'm not sure if the game can't afford new artwork? or what?

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Uncle Send PM

Imo, party hats are the most sought after thing in rscrevolution. When you think rscrevolution, it's like the first thing you remember about 2001 rscrevolution. This is now 2017, and i think people should get the opportunity to get the cool rares they could never get 15 years ago. This is a private server and i see no reason why new players should be completely left out, just because they didnt know about private servers 3 years ago when RSCR was created. Party hats before Christmas were becoming nearly unreachable for new players, and even some people who cant spend 4+ days a week in game. Other people having party hats should not ruin the game for other people. Its a new age, if i felt getting a party hat was unreachable, i wouldnt have continued playing when I first started. To be honest, i got lucky lol.

Please join us on Discord to keep in touch and quicker support.

https://discord.gg/cpx6Y44

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

You didn't get lucky you sat and ranged on someones account for 1000s of hours to get a p hat.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

Maddog jamie said:

Finally someone with me.  You are totally right. 
How many times did they drop same rares on rsc?  None...It's like nobody thinks all the way.
You should NEVER add same rares into the game.
Like you guys say, its a private server,  make new rares FFS.
The day they add more scythe into the game, that day will be the dawn day for me and team sweden.

cry is free

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

Tractor OUT!

2je8nxh.jpg

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Uncle Send PM

Nyx said:

You didn't get lucky you sat and ranged on someones account for 1000s of hours to get a p hat.

I was talking about when i use to stake smile

Please join us on Discord to keep in touch and quicker support.

https://discord.gg/cpx6Y44

Player avatar

DReagan Send PM

subscriber

I'm with you, but it may need to be altered just because when someone just spent 15-20m on a phat that gets re-release later that year, you feel like you wanna throw up, so I agree with releasing new rares, maybe a  holiday item that is a cosmetic untradeable phat that is all the colors, so the value of real phat will drop because everyone will have a generic one, but the uniqueness of real party hats will still be there. Maybe put a little rscr logo on it, maybe release with clue scrolls as possible reward????

Last edited by DReagan (21 Apr 2017 15:37)

If it ain't dry, don't apply. - Unknown

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -Hunter S. Thompson

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

In no time hat's will be more then ever just hold ya rares

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

gojven said:

I'm curious about this. Original party hats were reintroduced and other rares aswell like the easter eggs that dropped from monsters.
I wonder if this is gonna keep happening. In my opinion it kinda takes away the point of rares. I think new rares is the way to go rather then introducing old rares that people saved up alot of cash to buy that now become super cheap. What's your idea on this?

I have a few rares but I'm not a hoarder by any means. Still this really upsets me since there is really no good reason to reintroduce and fuck these people over.

+1 . Reintroducing them is really lame, they said they wouldnt do it but did it over and over.
Its ok to drop maybe 5-10 of them per year but to sit there and reintroduce them with those events was insane

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I sat out of this convo for a while but for the record, I am against second-run discontinued items drops.

The people whose arguments are "meh screw the rich though" are valid to an extent too, I am just saying, my preferred direction is to not add any already discontinued items. But rather to make new rares entirely.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

TheWire Send PM

subscriber

The reason many of us have rares is because there's nothing else to spend it on, I wish you would up prayer from lvl 99 to 123, give me something useful to spend cash on

Player avatar

Exotic Dance Send PM

subscriber

The reason party hats are desired in the first place is the promise of the return of investment, look how many people care about party hats in osrs now that they release all the time. Wearing a party hat is a show of wealth, if a new player cant afford one FINE, they can either grind to earn it 100m-200m whatever that is that they hat rises to, or they can simply buy other different rares. Rainbow hats are affordable to new players!

Last edited by Exotic Dance (28 Jun 2017 11:19)

Player avatar

Cocor Send PM

TheWire said:

The reason many of us have rares is because there's nothing else to spend it on, I wish you would up prayer from lvl 99 to 123, give me something useful to spend cash on

Ya it'll give me a chance to make those quick millions again =)