Fort Changes

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

For better fort PK we really need

1. Bridges over the water(one each side) and possibly opening instead of all the secret walls. It needs to be possible to get away and add catching back into the game, this would allow smaller teams more ability to attack the fort and have a chance of at least escaping when needed, currently it's just death.

2. Increase timer and distance of multi logging, currently someone dies, logs, or just runs out the way at the fort and then brings their next account, this isn't how it's meant to be, it should be quicker to walk your dead flat back to the fort than simply log another in. I have no issue people PKing elsewhere on different accounts, but they shouldn't get a huge advantage as they do now.

3. Accounts logged out at the fort should be moved to edgeville after 5 minutes, people attacking the fort should know how many they are attacking, not have another 5 login. However only move the account if it has more than 3 food left, otherwise leave it there.

I think the above are pretty much what every PKer wants to see.

My own suggestions are

1. Make armor from kills drop on the floor rather than the chest, this allows solo or small teams to actually get some gear rather than not being able to take and hold the fort for an hour( a lot of people can't play for 1 hour+ without logging out etc, people have stuff to do)

2. Limit alter use to once per 10 minutes per account, honestly I spent a lot of time and hard work getting 99 prayer and it was pointless if you just give everyone limitless prayer.

3. Add to the website the name of the team currently holding the fort.

4. Give us a ::fort command to see who's holding it.

Last edited by Nyx (15 Mar 2017 07:53)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

+1 All looks pretty good to me

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

+1 to all except "10 minute rule". If you die, it should be quickest to come back on flat you died on your right. 10 mins is too long, 5 mins is just right. People also worked hard to train multiple accounts just like you did 99 prayer so that would be a massive kick in the face to them, just like 1 minute is a kick in the face to you. And if you log out in fort for more than xx minutes your char should be teleported somewhere else in the wilderness, not to edge.

Also disagree with the rule about armor dropping on the floor, the rune sets in the chest is what makes the fight exciting. The sets should stay on the floor for 2 minutes, or whatever the standard timer then be transferred to territory bank from the ground if not looted. Gives solo PKers / small teams or people who simply don't have time to play the game much a chance at some loot without having to stand around for a hour+, I like that idea but the sets in the chest is generally what makes the fights exciting

Last edited by Oopsie (15 Mar 2017 11:52)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Just starting to read OP, I'll add west and east bridges in landscape.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Remove moat, make the fort same groundlevel as the ground outside! Bring back pking in there, atm its just a dm arena.

Dont get us wrong the terr update is cool and well executed, but it needs some tweaks!

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Stolt Archer said:

Remove moat, make the fort same groundlevel as the ground outside! Bring back pking in there, atm its just a dm arena.

Dont get us wrong the terr update is cool and well executed, but it needs some tweaks!

It would make it so more exciting imo with just those simple tweaks and opens up so many opportunities for different tactical situations from attacking and defending teams.... Where's the fun in knowing you pretty much need a huge team every fight to gave have fun, people don't like gearing up to go to a deathtrap where no skills involved lol. We love the update, we hate that it's a deathtrap. I've been saying all this since day one and I feel like nobodies listening to me or taking me seriously or anyone for that matter, there's a ridiculous amount of people who feel the same way, not everyone wants to come forums to voice their concerns/opinions, they just log in and log out. I'm a PKer, I PK everyday - I know how the PKers feel. We have no staff here that are PKers, I bet if we did have one these changes would have been made instantly. PLEASE SOMEONE LISTEN TO US

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Oopsie said:

Stolt Archer said:

It would make it so more exciting imo with just those simple tweaks and opens up so many opportunities for different tactical situations from attacking and defending teams.... Where's the fun in knowing you pretty much need a huge team every fight to gave have fun, people don't like gearing up to go to a deathtrap where no skills involved lol. We love the update, we hate that it's a deathtrap. I've been saying all this since day one and I feel like nobodies listening to me or taking me seriously or anyone for that matter, there's a ridiculous amount of people who feel the same way, not everyone wants to come forums to voice their concerns/opinions, they just log in and log out. I'm a PKer, I PK everyday - I know how the PKers feel. We have no staff here that are PKers, I bet if we did have one these changes would have been made instantly. PLEASE SOMEONE LISTEN TO US

Yeah i miss pluto, he was a pker and understood how pking us suppose to be.

No disrespect billy you are doing and awesome job aswell.

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Both what stolt and oopsie say is spot on.

No one out there is disagreeing with opening the fort up more.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

badboyz4lyfe Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Both what stolt and oopsie say is spot on.

No one out there is disagreeing with opening the fort up more.

Agreed

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Shouldn't be able to log inside the fort.
Shows bank contents on the main page.
Shows amount of players inside the fort.
Should only be able to bank every once in a while inside the fort. Every 15 mins banks are unlocked.-Being able to bank after short periods makes it so the huge team is never low. Nonstop banking is a joke. Want to be able to raid a team when half is skilling and the other half is fighting NPCs.

Timer on combat, but no timer on skilling is a joke aswell. If you add combat timer to bank than atleast add one to skilling

turnip was sick because smaller teams would raid the clan terr when players were low from collecting and fighting drags the bigger team being low also drew the smaller teams to pile them because of how low they were it made the fight fairer.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Fort definitely needs opening up and timer to prevent parking would be nice too.  I have been on holidays so haven't been around much lately.

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Maddog jamie said:

Just close every single doors to the fort.  and leave tomster inside,  see how many years it takes till he wants out.  Lol, seriously Fort are just bad news.
And this fucking lagg inside,  why would any of you wanna pk with that lagg anyway?

The fort wasn't bad news when OG/Swedes was one team or your 15 man swede team was active though or there was double noted items. Just when the advantage isn't there anymore it's bad news I get it

But I agree, the lags beyond ridic. Thought it was fixed