Improving Hotspots

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Nyx said:

Please make the HS the next fix.

1. When leaving hs you should retain red skull for 5 mins and normal skull for 5 after that.
2. All HS should be within the zone not outside it.
3. Make the edgeville HS where the red spiders, demons and skeletons are not on the border.

It's stupid how people can just troll it by stepping in and out.

Or you attack someone risk your full gear they step out and have no skull vs you.

In addition to this, how could we make them better and more worthwhile to get people fighting for them? New better hotspots?

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I think they are great as they are, I think to make them better you need to make us want to take them for double drops more. I'm flats with 99 prayer and just pk, I have d axe, legends cape, gaunts and plate. Therefore i don't need money or exp so what use is hotspot? but if you added some higher value content I would maybe take HS to farm to buy good stuff.

Or even have something spawn at them like a new monster that has awesome drops.

Last edited by Nyx (16 Jan 2017 14:59)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Personally, I don't fuck with the hotspot much because it's constantly switching from P2P to F2P areas lol, nobody (I don't, anyway) wants to walk around F2P wildy in P2P items lol however, there aren't really other good F2P spots for HS that aren't already being used, as I'm sure you already know. Unless we make Lava Maze / Green Drags under Lava Maze a f2p Hotspot and remove Dungeon / Red Drags from F2P days, but that's only one or two hotspots. Edge dungeon and 50 wild dungeon suck because of the border and the stairs IMO.

Definitely fix it so below level 30 can't hold it, however, if you remove the ability to hold from outside,  it shouldn't be an issue and there's no need to change. Or, make it so you can only hold the hotspot if your inventory value is over a certain amount, like 50k or something.

Could we do something with party sizes? It's 1ip now. I feel the 3 man party size put's people off going out on 1ip to try hold it. That's just a wild guess though, to be honest. Or just bring back the Revenant. Or a new boss. That shit was dope.

Also, please extend the live feed. And perhaps show what the current hotspot is somewhere on the homepage.

Last edited by Oopsie (16 Jan 2017 15:10)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Oopsie said:

Personally, I don't fuck with the hotspot much because it's constantly switching from P2P to F2P areas lol, nobody (I don't, anyway) wants to walk around F2P wildy in P2P items lol however, there aren't really other good F2P spots for HS that aren't already being used, as I'm sure you already know. Unless we make Lava Maze / Green Drags under Lava Maze a f2p Hotspot and remove Dungeon / Red Drags from F2P days, but that's only one or two hotspots. Edge dungeon and 50 wild dungeon suck because of the border and the stairs IMO.

Definitely fix it so below level 30 can't hold it, however, if you remove the ability to hold from outside,  it shouldn't be an issue and there's no need to change. Or, make it so you can only hold the hotspot if your inventory value is over a certain amount, like 50k or something.

Could we do something with party sizes? It's 1ip now. I feel the 3 man party size put's people off going out on 1ip to try hold it. That's just a wild guess though, to be honest. Or just bring back the Revenant. Or a new boss. That shit was dope.

Also, please extend the live feed. And perhaps show what the current hotspot is somewhere on the homepage.

I can agree that the current hotspots aren't really that great for anything other than XP, there's no point in them if you're flats already. What I had in mind is to create area specifically to be a hotspot that is worth taking over. The idea of using existing landscape for hotspots is pretty bad since wilderness doesn't really have any great spots that are worth keeping control of.  I designed it so revenant would be the thing that people would take hotspot for but with that gone they just suck.

Maximum party size will be changed to 5 once team system is released.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

i think doing away with the current hotspot system is best. and like you said, make a whole new spot with content inside it actually being worth fighting for. I wouldnt just make 1 big hotspot though. id make 3-4 at least. maybe each could specialize in different types of skills. Like one could specialize in herblaw gathering. maybe npc's that drop secondary items like limps or white berries. another could be a mining spot with a bank chest inside it. lots of valuable ores. lots of addy, mith, and runite rocks. things like this. BUT they're open to players while that area is the currently active hotspot.

Last edited by GLeU (16 Jan 2017 16:06)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Can't wait for fix big_smile

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

I can agree that the current hotspots aren't really that great for anything other than XP, there's no point in them if you're flats already. What I had in mind is to create area specifically to be a hotspot that is worth taking over. The idea of using existing landscape for hotspots is pretty bad since wilderness doesn't really have any great spots that are worth keeping control of.  I designed it so revenant would be the thing that people would take hotspot for but with that gone they just suck.

Maximum party size will be changed to 5 once team system is released.

Bring back the Rev and let's switch up these locations smile like you said, create something worth taking over. I've always enjoyed the Cas hotspot tho. Not really any of the others lol

Good stuff n0m!

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

No to #1

+1000000000 to # 2 and 3

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Keep graveyard as is, castle as is, icies as is, remove p2p hotspots entirely as they're both lame af.. no one ever wants dungeon, edge dungeon is just a bordering shit fight, keep those 3 f2p hotspots on a rotation..fix the areas so ppl can't stand outside the area and hold it on their lvl 3.   and either keep the xp bonus as is or slightly lower it.. THEN

Add a permanent hotspot location, one that holds worthwhile NPCs to farm, an xp bonus of course too.. make it a hard to escape area so people can't just run in and out of hotspot on their lvl 3s, make it so whoever holds it has to defend the spot or they die.  Just throwing this in too.. make it so to enter this area you go into an enclosure filled with high lvl NPCs such as greater demons or similar (so low lvls can't enter) then down a ladder, then once in dungeon it's lvl 120 wild..(so no limits on who can attack). Then there should be at least 30-40 sq long hallway maybe 5-6sqs wide.. then at the end of this hallway there would be the hotspot.  Hopefully with this style of area it would pretty much eliminate any lame low lvl no iteming holding of hs.  It should also make it hard to escape.. meaning the strongest pker or team wins and holds the hs.

Should also make it that once a player or team holds hs they continue to hold hs until they leave hs or die.. so fuckheads can't just troll and come no itemed and just border in and out of hs.

I was never on this server when the revenant existed.. why was he removed?  I think we need new NPCs to farm in the wild ONLY.. I'm sorry skillerfaqs but the time has come for you to spice up your rs and come risk some pixels.  Even if you don't want to pk you will enjoy avoiding the pkers and it will keep you on your toes.  Mmorpgs are for interaction with other players not mindlessly clicking inanimate objects tucked away in a guild for hours.

Huge big story I wrote but I hope it has some good ideas..any of these ideas need to be trialed of course to see if it works as intended and there isn't flaws to the area that can be exploited like has happened with current hs.. ( ie. ppl standing outside fenced areas holding bandits/icies on lvl3s)

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

i'd like to see couple spots handed out from the fighting events. this isn't necessarily hotspot type of thing, little bit different but could add little fun in the mix.

for promoting fights over them, it could be like when you defend it, it will add another X amount of time you can hold it. the amount of time should also be progressive, if you win the first fight, it will be 16 hours and if you win it again, you can hold it 32 hours next time and so on(that's because timezones would change so it wouldn't always be for the certain people from the certain timezones). if you win enough fights, you might be able to hold it even over week at the time, without worrying anybody taking over. if the current holder/holders aren't capable of defending it, whether it's because of the fact that they ain't on or that they ain't willing to do it, then somebody else will take over. fights could be anything from low lvl to high lvl, from 1v1's to x amount of people vs x amount of people's but anything would be decided in advance with the certain pattern which would have all type of fights. for example if today's fight will be 1v1, other team/clan can choose their contenders to fight till they find the winner and winner faces the current holder of this "spot" and if the challenger wins, he/they get the spot for for next 16 hours. then will be another fight, with different level of accounts + with a different type of fight(2v2 for example) and if the current holder of the spot wins, it will be their for next 32 hours till a new defending and so on.

i'd like to limit it for 3v3 max and from low lvl 33s and high level flats, because not everybody has too many friends or accounts. of course, people can co-operate with other people and unite till the fights are over which in the end, would be also beneficial to whole PK'ing scene either because of the fact that some people made new PK'ing partners or people made either a flat or 33lvl PK'er which are the most popular level's to PK at.

those spots could contain certain items and XP rates, as i do not know anything about the economy or the server in general but admins or some other players surely are more aware of the possibilities inside it.

just a fast idea, don't even know if it would work. of course, keep those normal hotsposts as well.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

That's a pretty cool idea pegi, I'd totally like to try something along those lines

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Au2er said:

Keep graveyard as is, castle as is, icies as is,

They're probably my least favourite hotspots lol... PRetty much every time recently I've gone to graveyard/cas hotspot to kill who's holding it, it's a no item account and all they do is stand on the border, move 1sq when they see you coming and instantly lose red skull and white skull (not that it matters, theyre no skulled no items..... getting sick XP). Altho tbh, it can happen at the P2P ones too. I just find it more annoying at these ones, I can't be the only one. People don't even want to fight for them anymore they just take the shittest account they have and train out of wild on other acc getting good ass XP for risking absolutely nothing

should make it so theres a requirement to hold it IMO, if your inventory isn't worth X then you shouldn't be allowed to control it. Also skull needs fixing so you retain white skull even after stepping out the hotspot after having controlled it.

Last edited by zazo x (25 Jan 2017 14:07)

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

zazo x said:

Au2er said:

Keep graveyard as is, castle as is, icies as is,

They're probably my least favourite hotspots lol... PRetty much every time recently I've gone to graveyard/cas hotspot to kill who's holding it, it's a no item account and all they do is stand on the border, move 1sq when they see you coming and instantly lose red skull and white skull (not that it matters, theyre no skulled no items..... getting sick XP). Altho tbh, it can happen at the P2P ones too. I just find it more annoying at these ones, I can't be the only one. People don't even want to fight for them anymore they just take the shittest account they have and train out of wild on other acc getting good ass XP for risking absolutely nothing

should make it so theres a requirement to hold it IMO, if your inventory isn't worth X then you shouldn't be allowed to control it. Also skull needs fixing so you retain white skull even after stepping out the hotspot after having controlled it.

Part of the reason people dont want to fight for them anymore is not enough party spots as well as the reward of the exp of hotspots isn't worth the time fighting someone for it, even if I win the fight the dude will be right back fighting again distracting me from getting the skilling exp reward.
Now if Im doing an expensive skill like herblaw/smithing then yea ill fight for it.

-Fix the borders to stop the trolling
-Increase party back to 5 slots
-introduce a system for lower level players to compete for hotspots (new hot spots worth less exp?)

Id really push for the eliminating the trolling aspect of the hotspots before adding a permanent skull to any holder. If it doesn't help enough then lets add the permanent skull, small steps to see what works best.

Last edited by runeknight95 (26 Jan 2017 00:19)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Lt dan Send PM

Make hotspots in Wild able to be used to multi e.g.: go there on my flat, once there wait 30 seconds hen able to go there on my lower level char to train it/defend it

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

runeknight95 said:

-introduce a system for lower level players to compete for hotspots (new hot spots worth less exp?)

This ^ or just exp and no double drops.

Also I like the idea of a PK skilling area for a clan. make it even more exp gained in there then normal HS but you lose exp in all skills when you die in it as well? not Combat though.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (26 Jan 2017 08:13)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Shred Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

runeknight95 said:

This ^ or just exp and no double drops.

Also I like the idea of a PK skilling area for a clan. make it even more exp gained in there then normal HS but you lose exp in all skills when you die in it as well? not Combat though.

~K!zL

Not sure about the losing XP on death part...!

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Until the new hotspots come, can we make it so there's a GP limit on your inventory lol, if your inventory/equipment tab can not be alched for more than 50K then you can't control the hotspot.

I swear EVERY time I go to this damn hotspot, it's a no item account with 30 food and they step down 1sq and are no longer skulled lol.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

If it were me i'd remove the current Hotspot, in line with the release of the Clan system, and then simply make one area of wildy (east chaos dwarf mine obviously) that is clan territory, precisely like turnip had one.

While IN this area, and your clan being the holders, grants the +xp and drops bonus on any npcs slayn within this area.

Could have Pirates, Lessers, Baby Blues, whatever, oh and a big ass prayer altar in the middle of it just like turnip too, so the battle stays focused around this one area and remains intense and long lasting

https://s30.postimg.org/4sj877dyp/Clan_territory.png

Just my 2 cents

+1.

I didn't play turnip, so I don't know how good it was but anythings got to be better than the current system, P2P to F2P hotspots constantly switching, 3 man party and the fact people can troll the hotspot/s so easily on noob accounts or with no skull / and items makes it very unappealing for me and I'm sure others to bother trying to constantly control it.

There's been some great suggestions thus far however I think this or at least trialing this version of a hotspot would be the most sensible idea for now. Unless N0m has come up with anything new since he last spoke to us?