News, Updates, and Halloween!

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I have some news for you, and I will be explaining why not much progress has been made, how things became a mess and why that is about to change.

On June 30th, Fate posted that he will be stepping down as an owner and I will be given the ownership, however things did not go as planned and hurt my motivation. The exciting news is that Fate proposed a deal about a week ago after a long discussion of the fact that we can’t work together. I accepted his deal and at the start of November, I will be the new owner of RSCR with full steam ahead!

So what will change? You already know about the much-awaited Team Deathmatch interface which is upcoming. In its complete form, the system will include team DM and capture-the-flag game modes, a team bank, arenas, and plenty of options. But what else is in store?

For one thing, we will be adding powerful individual buffs for each of our skillcapes. For example, the ranged cape will give a range attack bonus, the agility cape will make you gain fatigue slower, and so on, so you'll wanna collect em all!

Furthermore, we'd like to confirm that equipment tabs will be added to RSCR. We understand this changes the meta of the game, but are confident that the change will feel natural and improved. The poll a while back was pretty clear that this is what the community wanted. The only problem people saw about it is with PKing defense characters vs pures because it will allow defense based PKers to have equal food. But I'll remind you that real benefit for pures is their higher max hit and higher hitpoints, not how much food they can carry. If it starts to look like pures don't stand a chance then the problem is with combat formula and it will be tweaked. It will be interesting to see how it works out in team battles.

What else? Billy has been making several changes to the world, some of you already found them but here's the list so far:
1) Populated formerly empty houses in East Falador; 2) White Knight Barracks with demon + zombie in cages upstairs; 3) Added more NPCs at west level 22 wilderness ghosts / rats / spiders for afk training; 4) Legends guild improvements: In courtyard, added 3 magic trees and 2 heros to thieve. 2nd Floor, added furnace, anvils and ladder to bank. 3rd Floor, fixed some tile placement, added cook’s range and bed. Dungeon: Extended the dungeon with more NPCs to fight. 5) Added rune rock to Hobgoblin Mine (lvl 31 wilderness), though nerfing NPC’s runite item drops somewhat; 6) Two original arenas for events, one for PvE and the other for race events. Finally, iron men will now be able to complete partnered quests with the assistance of a moderator.

I have also made these changes-

Click here to see changes (click to show) ▼

“Enough chit chat! TELL US ABOUT HALLOWEEN!”

Alright, alright! The Halloween Event will start this Friday 0:00 UTC and run the whole weekend til Tuesday, 23:59 UTC. There will be five days of gold+platinum subscribed rates granted to all characters, returning or new. There will be spooky new items, and temporarily, a bunch of festive free food for your PKing or training needs, not to mention a disguise surprise, which some older players may remember! Also intrepid adventurers will have to band together to fight death himself: the Grim Reaper is coming to town!

And we’re just getting started with more new content! It's a great time for RSCRevolution to develop and expand, as we are planning on an advertising campaign this coming month. So let's welcome this new chapter of RSCR and give it all we've got!

n0m, Billy, and RSCRevolution Staff

Player avatar

DR3 Send PM

subscriber

1st

Bandaids dont heal shit
they just cover up fuckups

Player avatar

Gamer5556 Send PM

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

gygaxx Send PM

subscriber

Awesome shit will the equip tab also allow equipping pic axes and such?

Player avatar

Educo Send PM

subscriber

awesomeeee gonna pick my activity with these updates big_smile

and congrats on being the new owner. the thing im confused about is, fate is releasing another rsc server? but why?

Player avatar

DrSatan Send PM

subscriber

Sweet. 100% badass.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Great big_smile equipment tabs nerfing one itemers is not a bad thing.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Sad to have so much drama behind the scenes. Rsc needs one really good server being expanded by many great devs not many servers splitting the player base even more but I understand that sometimes people just cant work together. I will say I have enjoyed my time in rscr even though I too am guilty of complaining from time to time.

I can't say I am super excited for coming updates listed as I am somewhat of a purest on equipment tab and have no interest in dm I would still like to thank you for all your hard work n0m and Billy and look forward to seeing what you can do with the game now that the shakels are off.

I do have some ideas for much needed end game/high lvl content I am sort of working it all out now and getting feedback from the community I will try to provide a post eventually in suggestions.

Really I can think of nothing but potential for Rsc my only concern is do you plan to head towards rs2 (copycat updates) or take the game in new directions?

Last edited by Ghasp (26 Oct 2016 09:22)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

The drama has been taking too long, hopefully things we will be sorted out as planned and our shrinking community will have a chance to grow again when updates start rolling out again and stuff is actually start getting done.

Last edited by Kleio (26 Oct 2016 10:38)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

extremely disappointed to see fate leaving. especially hearing that its to join kevin on some stupid new server. i figured of all the people in this small community, he would be one of the smarter people who can see that more server just helps to split up the already small community.

glad to see that you will be taking over full control, and that you will continue to support the only server truly worth playing. thanks n0m for the continued effort.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Glad to hear your back on track with things with rscr, also with your motivation. Congratulations on been the new owner from November. Great updates and ideas +1

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

So now legends has better npc than the wilderness and greater now exists outside wilderness and range training in flador.

No wonder wild range guild is less popular.
Iron men no longer go into wilderness to get rune large.
KBD is now empty, and no one ever goes to black drags in maze.

Not being funny, but adding stuff like this just makes the wilderness have less people in it, the servers not exactly busy lately.

The actual updates great, but if you want to add more npc do it in the wilderness don't take people away from it.

Last edited by Nyx (26 Oct 2016 12:21)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

So now legends has better npc than the wilderness and greater now exists outside wilderness and range training in flador.

As an Ironman I must say I care not for rune large as dmed is my helm of choice

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

Nyx said:

As an Ironman I must say I care not for rune large as dmed is my helm of choice

Yes and now you have more npc out the wilderness to get it from.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Not being funny, but adding stuff like this just makes the wilderness have less people in it, the servers not exactly busy lately.

The actual updates great, but if you want to add more npc do it in the wilderness don't take people away from it.

Having more npcs outside wildly isn't the issue for wildly..it's multilogging and parking chars..people who grind 1400 are now rewarded which is definitely justified for there time and effort..as regards to legends guild.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Having more npcs outside wildly isn't the issue for wildly..it's multilogging and parking chars..people who grind 1400 are now rewarded which is definitely justified for there time and effort..as regards to legends guild.

It is the issue, i can name a bunch of people who were going wild for monsters, but now go legends or greater. Less people in there makes less people want to go in.

Not saying multi isn't an issue but at the end of the day if you don't go to the stupid castle and let them muilti, it doesn't work.

Last edited by Nyx (26 Oct 2016 12:45)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

If people are going to legends then perhaps they don't want to pk or be in the wild in the first place in which case these are not the players that you should be worried about as they most likely are not pkers. Instead worry about where all the players who like to pk went and leave those who do not wish to partake to their own devices.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

If people are going to legends then perhaps they don't want to pk or be in the wild in the first place in which case these are not the players that you should be worried about as they most likely are not pkers. Instead worry about where all the players who like to pk went and leave those who do not wish to partake to their own devices.

Or maybe people in the wild attract pkers.......

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

So are you saying all players should have to go to the wild even if that does not suit how they like to play? If that is the case then I push for 1500 skill total requirement before entering above lvl 10  wild as if I must play your style for added rewards then you should have to play mine for the same.

As a matter of fact let's just change wild levels to reflect skill totals instead of combat level while we are at it. I am sure this would go over well with pkers. It would certainly cut back on multi logging

Last edited by Ghasp (26 Oct 2016 12:56)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.